Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Jilek on September 06, 2012, 04:41:28 am

Title: Frosty road.
Post by: David Jilek on September 06, 2012, 04:41:28 am
Winter is on its way. I can't believe I'm looking forward to it! It will be here soon.
Title: Re: Frosty road.
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 06, 2012, 10:19:41 am
I am quite sure it is far-far from me as my temp is expected to top 95 (F) today. Brrrrrrrrrrrr....snow and cold are things I like to experience vicariously - through someone else's experience - in photographs. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is not for me.
Title: Re: Frosty road.
Post by: David Jilek on September 06, 2012, 10:22:33 am
I'm in Northern IL. I shot this last year. We have had one heck of heat wave (all summer) and I'm looking forward to a cooler season. Just not the stiff joints!
Title: Re: Frosty road.
Post by: Justan on September 06, 2012, 10:25:02 am
Lovely composition and image.
Title: Re: Frosty road.
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 06, 2012, 11:03:20 am
I probably risk wrath from the larger constituency, but I do have to take exception to part of the compositional study in that the horizon is quite off kilter. My edit shows it in a normal compliance and while I know some people don't think it is important, I do - in most cases - like this one.

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8037/7943828686_b73dfa22f6_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Frosty road.
Post by: David Jilek on September 06, 2012, 01:27:04 pm
See I know it runs down hill on the right so it seems fine to me. ;)
Title: Re: Frosty road.
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 06, 2012, 01:32:35 pm
Ahso.....then this becomes one of those cases where it is okay.  ;D
Title: Re: Frosty road.
Post by: RSL on September 06, 2012, 04:05:45 pm
The clue is what looks like a radio mast in the background, which stands straight up in the original.
Title: Re: Frosty road.
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 06, 2012, 04:16:42 pm
Now that I am on my big monitor, I can see the uprights...silly mistake, small laptop monitor.