Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Edalongthepacific on September 02, 2012, 05:04:47 pm
-
This flowering legume was photographed in California using a D7000 with a DX 17-55mm f/2.8 lens set to 18mm. The shot was taken at 100 ISO, f/4 at 1/400s. The camera was set to 0.7 underexposure. The RAW file was adjusted in Photoshop. I am not certain what to make of it. Is it too saturated? Too dark? Too busy? Your review appreciated.
-
Nikons always oversaturate the red channel. I think that is the only issue with the photograph from an exposure perspective.
Best regards,
Dave
-
I like the colours: only you can know if it's over saturated, as only you saw the original (as I concede to Bill about his Lake District moonrise).
However, the shot is too busy to make me happy. There's too much clutter in the background, which isn't quite blurred enough, and that rather distracting leaf to the left.
Jeremy
-
Nikons always oversaturate the red channel. I think that is the only issue with the photograph from an exposure perspective.
Best regards,
Dave
How can a camera oversaturate the red or any other color in a raw file? I thought this only happens in the processing.