Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: One Frame at a Time on August 31, 2012, 02:17:31 pm
-
Hi, Every time I open the Adjustment Brush in LR4 the saturation setting is set at -14. I must have set it to do this by accident?? How do I undo this?
Thanks!
-
By default, the values of the sliders are set to come up with whatever values that were there the last time you were in NEW mode.
For example, in your case, open the tool and you see Sat = -14. WITHOUT CLICKING IN THE IMAGE (so you remain in NEW mode), change Sat = 0. Close the tool. Open it again, and you will see that Sat is still 0.
In the opposing scenario, you open the tool as above, and again Sat = -14. CLICK ON THE IMAGE SOMEWHERE (changing the mode to EDIT). Now change Sat to 0. Close tool. Open it again. Sat has gone back to -14, because you were in EDIT rather than NEW mode when you changed it to 0.
In summary, if you make any changes in NEW mode to the sliders (before applying them in EDIT mode), they will become the new defaults. I suppose this is useful in some situations. For me it's usually an annoyance. If there is a way to change this default behavior, I don't know where it is.
-
Set it back to zero, either by double-clicking the slider or the word describing it on the left. LR remembers the last used position.
-
I believe that is actually the last position before opening a brush by using 'new'.
Alan
-
A courious idea remembering the last unused position rather than the last used or a default
-
Maybe not so curious as it allows the user to set, and easily change, the default settings.
Alan
-
It hasn't really got a default to alter. ;)
-
No, its not a true default, but it surely acts like one for me.
Alan
-
So would remembering the last used setting, or better still resetting to zero, what most people would expect. So as I said.... courious. ;D
-
So would remembering the last used setting, or better still resetting to zero, what most people would expect.
Most users and most Adobe products treat the last used user setting as sticky. It makes a great deal of sense in most cases.
-
I argree so why does it remember a setting you didn't use?
-
I argree so why does it remember a setting you didn't use?
You must have set it at one point, it doesn’t come out of the box with that setting. And at least on this end, the last used size IS sticky. Which is exactly what I expect it to do.