Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on August 30, 2012, 11:29:52 am

Title: State change
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 30, 2012, 11:29:52 am
Thanks for looking!
Title: Re: State change
Post by: jeremypayne on August 30, 2012, 11:43:34 am
I like it, but I wish there was more of a balance between the "glassy" side and the "turbulent" side.
Title: Re: State change
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 01, 2012, 02:26:09 am
I wish there was more of a balance between the "glassy" side and the "turbulent" side.

Thanks, Jeremy. The glassy side was bright orange so I tried to make it smaller.
What I would have liked was a longer lens to get closer to the transition.
Title: Re: State change
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 01, 2012, 10:20:45 am
I like it, but I wish there was more of a balance between the "glassy" side and the "turbulent" side.

That would be easy: turn it into a vertical crop of, say, 8x10 proportions, and discard the right-hand side.
Title: Re: State change
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 02, 2012, 01:55:34 am
Good idea, Slobodan.
Title: Re: State change
Post by: francois on September 03, 2012, 03:47:06 am
I was unsold on the initial version but I find this one very good.
Title: Re: State change
Post by: wolfnowl on September 04, 2012, 01:00:52 am
Yes... the vertical is much better.

Mike.
Title: Re: State change
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 04, 2012, 01:17:30 am
Thanks for the feedback, Francois and Mike.
I tend to avoid verticals just because they look pokey on my laptop.
Title: Re: State change
Post by: francois on September 04, 2012, 03:35:56 am
Thanks for the feedback, Francois and Mike.
I tend to avoid verticals just because they look pokey on my laptop.

Personally, I like [printed] verticals a lot but I agree, on computers they are not in their best light… and turning laptops sideways is far from ideal…
Title: Re: State change
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 04, 2012, 11:13:15 am
Guys, learn to love (and shoot regularly) verticals... Magazine covers are 100% vertical ;)
Title: Re: State change
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 04, 2012, 01:13:35 pm
Getting a magazine cover is one of those things, like winning a lottery or marrying into the royal family, that I really don't worry about too much.
But I agree that vertical shots can be great.