Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: astroman27 on August 28, 2012, 09:53:43 am
-
HI; PURCHASED SECOND HAND EPSON 7900 EARLIER THIS YEAR , WORKED FINE FOR 4 MONTHS ( ABOUT 40 PRINTS ) IT NEEDED A CLEAN CYCLE A COUPLE OF TIMES , BUT NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS THE 4000 I HAD .THEN IT DECIDED IT NEEDED SEVERAL CLEAN CYCLES WHICH DID NOT CLEAR , A NOZZLE CHECK SHOWED OK , I TURNED OFF THE AUTOMATIC NOZZLE CHECK TO GET RID OF THE ANNOYING MESSAGE.I NOW PERFORM A NOZZLE CHECK EVERY DAY WHICH SHOWS NO PROBLEM. EVERY TIME I SEND A PRINT (USING IMAGEPRINT 9) IT STARTS A CLEAN CYCLE UNTIL IT SAYS IT CANNOT CLEAN NOZZLE.IS THERE ANY WAY OF DISABLING THE CLEAN CYCLE. I WOULD PREFER TO JUST PERFORM NOZZLE CHECK PRIOR TO PRINTING .
-
Yes from the main menu navigate down, one of the option is turn auto nz chk.
Paul
-
Also make sure you have the latest firmware installed. I think some cleaning options have changed over time.
-
hi ;thanks for the info, on further investigation it appears that the printer starts a clean cycle when changing from MK to PK and back , a work around is by changing in service mode prior to sending to printer. i do have the latest firmware installed ,but am wary of too many cleaning cycles making the problem worse. Is there any system reset to remove spurious error messages ?