Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 26, 2012, 11:34:19 am

Title: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 26, 2012, 11:34:19 am
Ruining what could have been a perfectly good gathering (or comedy show, depends on your views). Hurricane Isaac, in case you are wondering ;)
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: bill t. on August 26, 2012, 12:24:01 pm
Unmistakably an OFOH.  Omen From On High.  Uncommitted voters take note.
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: RSL on August 26, 2012, 01:21:30 pm
Thanks Bill. I knew some Democrat was going to say that but I really expected it to be Lunch Bucket Joe.
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 26, 2012, 02:03:21 pm
Well, since noisy Repubs have called Hurricane Katrina and just about every other natural disaster in the last few years God's punishment on those that are poor or who don't agree with the Repubs' favorite fictions, it seems to me that turn about is fair play.  ;)
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: degrub on August 26, 2012, 02:09:08 pm
well then, Isaac seems right on track to NO this morning. Guess the sacrifices worked ;D
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Rob C on August 27, 2012, 04:36:56 am
This is about wind?

Rob C
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: 32BT on August 27, 2012, 05:22:03 am
This is about wind?

Rob C

Your area of expertise, no?

* pinching nose *
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 27, 2012, 10:15:17 am
I've been waiting for Isaac (the LuLa member) to chime in on this thread...
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Rob C on August 27, 2012, 10:49:28 am
Your area of expertise, no?

* pinching nose *


Not really; I always preferred power boats to sail.

Give your nose a rest; self-harm's a sad business.

Rob C
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 27, 2012, 11:38:59 am
... Give your nose a rest; self-harm's a sad business...

 ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 27, 2012, 11:40:49 am
I've been waiting for Isaac (the LuLa member) to chime in on this thread...


Why? Is he a wind expert as well?

EDIT: Just to avoid any misunderstanding, "as well" was meant to mean "as well as photography expert," not, God forbid, "as well as another forum member, quite recently associated (wrongly) with wind expertise"
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: 32BT on August 27, 2012, 01:10:34 pm
Why? Is he a wind expert as well?

EDIT: Just avoid any misunderstanding, "as well" was meant to mean "as well as photography expert," not, God forbid, "as well as another forum member, quite recently associated (wrongly) with wind expertise"

Wrongly? Well, it's an honest mistake, considering he's been complaining about the reason for his afternoon stroll more often than I care to read...
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: 32BT on August 27, 2012, 01:13:16 pm
Give your nose a rest;

Exactly!
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: 32BT on August 27, 2012, 01:15:15 pm
For good measure I should add:

;-)
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Rob C on August 28, 2012, 05:45:40 am
Isn't this interesting!

It would appear that when some people have absolutely nothing to say, they still feel the obligation, so their only way towards release is attack. I find that very revealing. Sad, unfortunate, but revealing nonetheless.

I wonder what I'll encounter on my postprandial meander today...

Oooh the mirth that bubbles up!

Rob C
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: 32BT on August 28, 2012, 06:25:44 am
Attack? Never. Just a bad attempt at humor. My apologies.
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: jeremypayne on August 28, 2012, 06:32:19 am
It would appear that when some people have absolutely nothing to say, they still feel the obligation, so their only way towards release is attack. I find that very revealing.

... shades of pots calling kettles black ...
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Justan on August 28, 2012, 11:37:11 am
Isn't this interesting!

It would appear that when some people have absolutely nothing to say, they still feel the obligation, so their only way towards release is attack. I find that very revealing. Sad, unfortunate, but revealing nonetheless.


...said the man with almost 8 thousand posts...
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 28, 2012, 12:31:01 pm
 Looks like this thread about Isaac (the hurricane) might produce more damage than the real Isaac (the hurricane) ???
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: Rob C on August 28, 2012, 01:27:08 pm
...said the man with almost 8 thousand posts...



Fortunately, they are not about nothing unless those that were replies were replies about nothing, which is ever a possibility, of course... In fact, I do distinctly remember replying to something you once wrote.

Were they, infact, about nothing, I could have turned them into 80,000; you know, like bread and fishes? What a tempting idea!

Anyway, I'm honoured that you actually read them in order to come to your conclusion; makes the effort of writing truly worthwhile. Could exchange pleasantries with you all night, Justan, but I have to go get another shower and then go down to the Port and catch some more live jazz in the light of the setting sun; so much to do, so many posts to compose, so many responsibilities...

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Fed Up with Isaac!
Post by: stamper on August 29, 2012, 05:01:45 am
If only the hurricane could be calibrated to take out only the Republican convention then I suspect most Americans would suffer the damage. I suspect however when Mit Romney opens his mouth there will be more potential damage to America than any hurricane can produce? ;)