Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 26, 2012, 09:31:49 am
-
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7112/7861396840_e49dc8588b_o.jpg)
-
Enjoyed the image. Thanks for posting.
Les
-
Very nice image, relaxing, I can hear the surf crashing on the shore…
-
I did a slight alteration to this image in placing the figure a litle more to the right, head seemingly turned more into the wave path. Do you think it helps, stays the same or hinders. (Got to love Content Aware tools.)
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8434/7877863886_22459a6c7b_o.jpg)
-
I find the last version a bit better as the silhouette has more room to move into the image.
-
Thank you...I too believe it adds to more than subtracts from.
-
Definite improvement. I'd move the figure down about the same amount, too.
-
Partially close your eyes...view both... in the second version the wonderful sense of rocking flow dynamics back and forth across your vision easily experienced in the first, has been stripped from the second...the life and vitality removed...this one was well seen when captured whether or not the realization was there of the "why"...it really was not about where insignificant man stands but what he opened himself to experience...sometimes the "rules" of composition rob one of ones inner, and more truthful vision...
but that being said , this is just "acw's" opinion and gut reaction...
....it was less about where "man" would move, and more about being still to experience the vitality flowing around him... (caveat) for me...
-
I agree with Patricia. The first version is distinctly more evocative for me. The centered focal point pushes toward experiencing the moment rather that waiting for space that might be filled.
-
Fantastic use of the scale.