Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: matt4626 on August 24, 2012, 07:32:59 pm

Title: DVD burning software
Post by: matt4626 on August 24, 2012, 07:32:59 pm
I'm new to Windows 7 and silly me I thought the included Microsoft DVD burner would let me back up data/RAW files...just like the good old days in XP. But not as I can figure out....it seems to only want to make a facebook movies or the like.
What software should a purchase....I used to use Roxio (XP) but that seems a bit of over kill.... ???
Title: Re: DVD burning software
Post by: John.Murray on August 24, 2012, 11:45:39 pm
Win 7 will copy to DVD or CD, just like XP; Right Click folder or desired pictures, then select Send To | DVD RW Drive (D:).

If you prefer something a little more flexible I use CDBurnerXP

http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Nice bit of software, supports Blue Ray, keeps track of space remaining as you bring files in.  It also is one of the few CD authoring programs that properly create Audio CD's.....

Runs on the .net platform which is already present on Win7 - the application itself is under 5mb
Title: Re: DVD burning software
Post by: Thomas Krüger on August 25, 2012, 12:46:52 am
ImgBurn, small footprint, free and works great: http://www.imgburn.com/
Title: Re: DVD burning software
Post by: Rhossydd on August 25, 2012, 01:29:31 am
Another vote for CDburnerXP from here too. Free, with a comprehensive feature set and an easy intuitive UI.
Title: Re: DVD burning software
Post by: matt4626 on August 25, 2012, 10:14:56 am
Thanks I'll check them out.. :D
Title: Re: DVD burning software
Post by: matt4626 on August 25, 2012, 01:10:26 pm
It worked!!!
Thanks