Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: dreed on August 21, 2012, 06:50:05 am

Title: Automatic HDR with Magic Lantern 2.3
Post by: dreed on August 21, 2012, 06:50:05 am
With the release of Magic Lantern 2.3 for the Canon 5D Mark II, I noted amongst the release notes was an "automatic HDR" mode where all that you need to do to capture a set of bracketed photos for HDR is frame, focus and push the shutter once. After that, the Magic Lantern code goes to work and captures as many shots as is required for HDR (there is no need to manually set 3, 5 or however many frames of + or - exposure compensation.)

Has anyone actually tried this yet?
Title: Re: Automatic HDR with Magic Lantern 2.3
Post by: Alan Smallbone on August 21, 2012, 11:45:35 am
Interesting, I too would be interested is knowing how it works. I have heard that the bulb ramping leads a lot to be desired, but that is something different. I keep meaning to give it a try....

Thanks for bringing it up.

Alan
Title: Re: Automatic HDR with Magic Lantern 2.3
Post by: EduPerez on September 13, 2012, 03:31:08 am
My wild guess is that it uses the same system than the bulb-ramping: take a shot and look at the on-screen histogram.