Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Josh-H on August 21, 2012, 01:06:23 am
-
I hope its ok to put this up here: After more than 8 months of planning I am very happy to be announcing today a photographic expedition to Antarctica with Iceland Pro Nature and Wildlife Photographer Daniel Bergmann. The expedition departs 9th of November 2013 and is 15 Day / 14 Nights and is strictly limited to 50 participants (some berths and cabins already booked and spoken for - limited berths still available). The trip includes some really unique features including access to areas dedicated to science and a fly return from the Falkland Islands to avoid the worst of the Drake Passage on the return. There are further details on my blog at http://blog.jholko.com (http://blog.jholko.com)
-
On the workshop LULA Page (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/workshops/)
-
Josh,
Well done on getting it up off the ground.
For anyone considering an Antarctic trip. I could not recommend Josh's choice of operator any higher.
I have sailed twice on the Polar Pioneer, once on a Falklands/South Georgia/Antarctic Peninsula trip and the other in Spitsbergen.
The crew and expedition staff are excellent.
If I were to do another trip south, I would definitely do it aboard that ship.
If anyone will travel in a twin private berth, room 404 is the most convenient for access to the deck. You will also notice adhesive hooks above the bed for extra gear hanging space :)
-
Thanks David - It was a huge effort to co-ordiante and arrange this expedition and I am really happy with the itinerary and features.
Just a space update:
As of this morning: 23/08/12
1 Triple Share Space Remaining only
1 Mini-Suite remaining only
Captains Suite still available
A smattering of mixed twins still available.