Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: PeterAit on August 19, 2012, 02:29:57 pm
-
I would like to print the invitations for 2 upcoming shows myself. They would be 2-sided, does anyone know a perforated 2-sided stock I could use for this purpose? Or, I suppose I could cut them with my Rotatrim?
-
Both Inkpress and Red River have c2s media. For down and dirty, I use the c2s Epson matt though it's only 8.5 x 11. I use that for fold-over cards and simply use the rotatrim.
Now that I think of it, Averey did have a 2-up perferated postcard stock, but when I used it years ago, it was a calendared stock good for a laser printer.
Check some of the specialty paper vendors and you may get lucky.
-
Just be aware that the surfaces of inkjet prints sent as postcards get seriously trashed in the mail system.
Glossy printed postcards from numerous online printers usually look pretty decent for around 10 cents each at 1000. For best results submit sRGB jpegs, and use the service's online type setting tool instead of embedding type in your artwork. Avoid submitting .pdf's, color management is somewhat iffy with those for whatever reason. If you haven't used the service before, order 100 then immediately order more if those look OK.