Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rjohan on August 18, 2012, 04:01:59 am
-
Hello everyone!
So, this morning I had the alarm set to 03:20. During this week we have had quite a lot of fog in the morning here in Stockholm, Sweden. Lovely, but it's annoying that you can't go out and shoot when you're on your way to work..
Today I had some nice fog and got some shots I like. The image below is a panorama made by 9 vertical images. Hope you like it!
(http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5953/tyrestabypano9liten.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/tyrestabypano9liten.jpg/)
-
Early bird! I like it but wish that the sky had more features (either a bit more contrast or colours; certainly not Velvia-like). It's a peaceful shot.
Edit: I'm looking at your image on my very old MacBook display, so my remark might not be valid at all.
-
Thank you for the comment! The sky is kinda weak in the colors but that's how I saw it that morning, I don't like to push my images too much in LR.
-
To me, the most interesting part of the image is the mid-right. The foreground doesn't do much for me at this size. I think I would crop out 2/3 of the left and work with the horizontal lines formed from the fore,mid and backgrounds.
-
I agree that the elements don't quite hang together somehow. Crop off the right 1/3?
-
Thank you for the comment! The sky is kinda weak in the colors but that's how I saw it that morning, I don't like to push my images too much in LR.
Got to see it on a proper display and the sky is just right. You're right, for that kind of image, no need to push saturation…
-
Thank you for the critique about the crop, I'll try it out!