Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Larry451 on August 17, 2012, 01:48:12 pm

Title: 7900_paper feed
Post by: Larry451 on August 17, 2012, 01:48:12 pm
I'm using moab entrada neutral  24" roll on my 7900...   I've set it up as a sheet  24" x 18"  but I can't seem to fool the printer into thinking its a sheet ..  all I get is paper error
My reasoning is to cut  manually after the sheet/roll prints..  is this just "dumb" or is there a work around.
thanks
Larry.
Title: Re: 7900_paper feed
Post by: dgberg on August 17, 2012, 02:02:14 pm
It is a roll,set roll,print and then cut with your onboard automatic cutter.
 The on board cutter is fantastic.
Title: Re: 7900_paper feed
Post by: Randy Carone on August 17, 2012, 02:02:34 pm
Set to the driver and the printer to roll, input the size you mention in User Defined and turn off the cutter on the front of the printer. This is not a workaround as this is standard procedure.
Title: Re: 7900_paper feed
Post by: Wayne Fox on August 17, 2012, 02:22:21 pm
I'm using moab entrada neutral  24" roll on my 7900...   I've set it up as a sheet  24" x 18"  but I can't seem to fool the printer into thinking its a sheet ..  all I get is paper error
My reasoning is to cut  manually after the sheet/roll prints..  is this just "dumb" or is there a work around.
thanks
Larry.

why do you want to cut manually?  If you want an exact 18" long sheet, set the printer up to double cut ...you'll get exactly 18".
Title: Re: 7900_paper feed
Post by: Ken on August 17, 2012, 02:38:27 pm
I agree with the other posters... print as roll, not sheet. You can customize the image area to be printed (24" wide by whatever length) and save it if you intend to print more at that size. If you don't want automatic cutting, turn it off but you can have it print the line where the cut would be, making it a lot easier to manually cut.
Title: Re: 7900_paper feed
Post by: Larry451 on August 17, 2012, 04:23:57 pm
I used to fool my 7600 this way but the 7900 is more tech.  I'll set it to roll and see how the auto cutter works.
thanks
Larry.