Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: One Frame at a Time on August 16, 2012, 09:52:05 am

Title: Using the scroll wheel in LR
Post by: One Frame at a Time on August 16, 2012, 09:52:05 am
Saw this last night and figured I'd share it here.  Does not work great on my machine.  It stutters and stalls but it does move the slider.  But not in a reliable / predictable fashion  ???  Too bad because it could be a nice feature.  Maybe its my blue tooth mouse but I doubt it.  Anyway, maybe you will have better luck.  To try, you have to click the pointer in the adjustment bar you want to move.  Then use the scroll wheel.

http://pulse.me/s/chwbv
Title: Re: Using the scroll wheel in LR
Post by: Malco on August 16, 2012, 11:01:49 am
I have used it at times and it works quite smoothly on my Logitech Performance MX. Can be useful.
Title: Re: Using the scroll wheel in LR
Post by: francois on August 16, 2012, 11:19:35 am
I use this trick all the time. It's a huge time-saver!
Title: Re: Using the scroll wheel in LR
Post by: jljonathan on August 18, 2012, 05:59:51 pm
The scroll wheel on a Mac Pro with 10.6.8 and regular Mac mouse works with the tools brush size and zoom movement, but does not work with the slider adjustments. If I click on the slider's pointer and use the scroll, only the whole panel moves up and down, not the individual slider.
Title: Re: Using the scroll wheel in LR
Post by: francois on August 20, 2012, 05:34:32 am
The scroll wheel on a Mac Pro with 10.6.8 and regular Mac mouse works with the tools brush size and zoom movement, but does not work with the slider adjustments. If I click on the slider's pointer and use the scroll, only the whole panel moves up and down, not the individual slider.

On my Mac Pro, I use it only for brush work. Moving sliders never worked for me (I'm running Macs with OS X 10.7 and 10.8).