Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: luxborealis on August 13, 2012, 06:43:10 pm

Title: Eramosa Township this morning
Post by: luxborealis on August 13, 2012, 06:43:10 pm
Here are four from this morning... Finally some fulfilling landscape photography - something I've been missing this summer.
Title: Re: Eramosa Township this morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 13, 2012, 07:44:06 pm
A beautiful day in a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing, Terry.
Title: Re: Eramosa Township this morning
Post by: francois on August 14, 2012, 05:02:49 am
A beautiful day in a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing, Terry.


I can only agree… a peaceful, quiet place. This is what those images convey to me!
Title: Re: Eramosa Township this morning
Post by: RobbieV on August 14, 2012, 09:54:02 am
Just down 6 from me in Flamborough. 1 stands out as most evocative of the area for me. Very nice work.
Title: Re: Eramosa Township this morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 14, 2012, 02:09:48 pm
I agree. I think I found the b&w the most appealing. Out of interest, why did you choose to convert that one?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Eramosa Township this morning
Post by: bill t. on August 14, 2012, 02:35:05 pm
Beautiful tonality, first rate post processing.  Open, luminous, no affectations.  A joy to behold.  For me the color shots blow away the black and white in terms of communicating the landscape.
Title: Re: Eramosa Township this morning
Post by: Justan on August 14, 2012, 04:18:00 pm
Very nice collection.

Willows, Morning is a standout.

Title: Re: Eramosa Township this morning
Post by: luxborealis on August 23, 2012, 08:35:12 am
I agree. I think I found the b&w the most appealing. Out of interest, why did you choose to convert that one?

Jeremy

For me, B&W is all about shapes, textures and contrast. I found that B&W highlighted the contrast between the smoothly flowing river and that cascading willows and shapes become accented. As well, the river was clear and shallow so it came up looking brown in the colour photos due to the rocks on the bottom.