Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 12, 2012, 10:52:45 am

Title: Into the Forest I go
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 12, 2012, 10:52:45 am
I've posted this in the user critique section (Trees) in a different process but like many images, I tend to go back and ask myself.."what if..?"

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8290/7765306218_005e9537a1_o.jpg)

or

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8295/7767014562_0dfcd78919_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Into the Forest I go
Post by: wolfnowl on August 12, 2012, 02:44:59 pm
The original doesn't do much for me, but I like what you've done with it.

Mike.
Title: Re: Into the Forest I go
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 12, 2012, 05:46:53 pm
I'm with Mike. The original looks a bit harsh (too contrasty?), but the variant has some real life to it (but not for the purists, of course).
Title: Re: Into the Forest I go
Post by: RobbieV on August 14, 2012, 10:52:06 am
It works somewhat well for me until I get to the ground. It feels a bit mushy. Not to my personal liking. I do like the overall framing though.
Title: Re: Into the Forest I go
Post by: francois on August 14, 2012, 01:43:28 pm
The second version works best for me but I have to agree with Robbie about the ground.