Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Jilek on August 11, 2012, 12:44:45 pm
-
From earlier in the spring.
-
Wow. What an amazing site. And an amazing sight. Of course it needs a ray of light to illuminate the bather, so a lighthouse would be useful. And it would be much improved had it been taken on a D800, but otherwise, looks pretty good to me.
I just wonder at the river that once flowed there & cut that channel & plungepool
-
Some very contradictory scale issues in this photo, which seem to pixify the bather. Perhaps this is the intent.
In any case great tonality and composition in an engaging image.
-
There is another set of falls and a pool higher up stream. The pool is only about four feet wide but is over 8ft deep and bells out inside. I learned the hard way just how deep that water is! As long as you can get to this spot before 8am you pretty much have the place to yourself. After that it gets to choked with people to do any peaceful shooting.
-
Very nice, although the line across the girl's left ankle/calf that you can see at 100%, that matches the line of the rocks behind her, does make it look 'shopped, but none the less good idea nicely done.
Dave
-
There is another set of falls and a pool higher up stream. The pool is only about four feet wide but is over 8ft deep and bells out inside. I learned the hard way just how deep that water is! As long as you can get to this spot before 8am you pretty much have the place to yourself. After that it gets to choked with people to do any peaceful shooting.
It looks great.Dare I ask where it is?
Jeremy
-
Location is Starved Rock Sate park in Utica IL
-
Beautiful work. I must admit I missed the model (and hence the sense of scale) on my first look. Would be a wonderful place to visit!
Mike.
-
Superb!
JMR
-
Beautiful work. I must admit I missed the model (and hence the sense of scale) on my first look.
Mike.
You're getting old, Mike!
Jeremy
-
Outstanding, I must add that the location is beautiful even without the model (and I didn't miss it ;)).
-
It is a great place to shoot. This year has been really dry with no rain. The falls where pretty much dried up over the summer. I hope this fall we get some good rain so I can get back there with some good color.
-
Terrific spot and shot. The B&W works nice.
-
+1. Took a moment to absorb the range of low tones. Very nice.