Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: noosapix on August 11, 2012, 02:33:03 am

Title: Coolum Sunrise
Post by: noosapix on August 11, 2012, 02:33:03 am
Coolum beach on Queenslands Sunshine Coast.
Title: Re: Coolum Sunrise
Post by: francois on August 11, 2012, 06:52:52 am
Coolum beach on Queenslands Sunshine Coast.

I like it but what prompted you to make a triptych out of this image?
Title: Re: Coolum Sunrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 11, 2012, 08:49:21 am
I like it but what prompted you to make a triptych out of this image?
My guess is that because the waves are in different positions in the three images, it would be hard to stitch convincingly.

I like the triptych.
Title: Re: Coolum Sunrise
Post by: francois on August 11, 2012, 09:38:57 am
My guess is that because the waves are in different positions in the three images, it would be hard to stitch convincingly.

Very likely! Initially, I looked at the image on a small display and thought that it had been split for a triptych. I didn't see that it was three distinct photos.

Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes
I like the triptych.


I like them too!
Title: Re: Coolum Sunrise
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 11, 2012, 12:54:22 pm
It is very nicely done
Title: Re: Coolum Sunrise
Post by: louoates on August 11, 2012, 02:45:17 pm
I agree that stitching here would lead only to a truly goofy result.

The triptych format can be tricky especially when the three images have similar elements that don't quite match. The horizontal waves obviously should be continuous from left to right without those differing angles and that's what most observers would pickup on.

Two other ways to present the same images: 1) Allow more space between images, and/or 2) Crop some of the adjacent images so more of the "missing" information is supplied by the viewer. I saw some rather nice triptych presentations a few weeks ago at an art show that used #2 quite effectively. The overall impression was enhanced with leaving a bit more information out.
Title: Re: Coolum Sunrise
Post by: noosapix on August 11, 2012, 08:45:40 pm
Basically they were three images that would not align in a pano  due to different waves.
Title: Re: Coolum Sunrise
Post by: wolfnowl on August 12, 2012, 01:03:20 am
All been said - nicely done.

Mike.