Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DwayneOakes on August 08, 2012, 09:28:54 pm

Title: Gateway To The Green Room
Post by: DwayneOakes on August 08, 2012, 09:28:54 pm
Thanks for taking a look !

-Nikon D7000/Nikkor 55-200mmVR/Nikon Capture NX2
-1/25 second @ f/16
-55mm
-ISO 400
-Ev -1
-Vr on

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

(http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v59/p578165090-4.jpg)
Title: Re: Gateway To The Green Room
Post by: francois on August 09, 2012, 05:03:29 am
I like the dark, unsaturated "tunnel" contrasting with the light & saturated green room…

Well done!
Title: Re: Gateway To The Green Room
Post by: luxborealis on August 09, 2012, 08:38:08 am
I totally understand what you are trying to do with this image.

When I look a this image, I am initially drawn to the green (for obvious reasons), but then I find myself looking for something interesting in the greyscale shadowed area. I'm not sure this is what you intended. I'm certainly wondering what is beyond, but it's not enough to keep me interested in the photo.
Title: Re: Gateway To The Green Room
Post by: RobbieV on August 09, 2012, 08:44:13 am
I really enjoyed this image initially as well, but then something started to bother me. It's the shadows and sunlit spots on the ground. The green tunnel has a warmth to it that is missing in the sunlit spots on the ground. To me, the rest of the photo could benefit from a little warmth and maybe a bit of luminance.
Title: Re: Gateway To The Green Room
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 09, 2012, 10:28:14 am
It's a metaphor, guys. About various kinds of contrasts.
Title: Re: Gateway To The Green Room
Post by: RobbieV on August 09, 2012, 11:20:42 am
It's a metaphor, guys. About various kinds of contrasts.


I understand that. I was simply providing a possible alternate edit to bring a bit more interest to the surrounding area.
Title: Re: Gateway To The Green Room
Post by: francois on August 09, 2012, 11:46:55 am
A de-saturated tunnel, I guess.

Correct, thanks.