Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: marcmccalmont on August 07, 2012, 01:34:47 am

Title: profile paper and monitor
Post by: marcmccalmont on August 07, 2012, 01:34:47 am
what is the best package for monitor calibration and paper profiling? at a reasonable price? for occasional use.
I've been calibrating my monitors but sending out to have paper profiled, thought that I should start doing my own profiles, perhaps half a dozen a year at most.
Thanks
Marc
Title: Re: profile paper and monitor
Post by: aaronchan on August 07, 2012, 06:50:17 am
Perhaps the colormunki would be the best for you.

Aaron
Title: Re: profile paper and monitor
Post by: David Good on August 07, 2012, 09:16:26 am
I second the X-Rite ColorMunki Photo as a reasonably priced/well performing unit. I am very pleased with the profiles generated with this but underwhelmed by the crippled software. Be aware that there are currently no other software makers that I am know of that support this unit with the exception of Argyl (command line). There are many threads dealing with this.
Title: Re: profile paper and monitor
Post by: francois on August 07, 2012, 11:44:36 am
+1 for the Color Munki. Argyll is not really that hard to use…
Title: Re: profile paper and monitor
Post by: darlingm on August 08, 2012, 01:13:15 pm
I second the X-Rite ColorMunki Photo as a reasonably priced/well performing unit. I am very pleased with the profiles generated with this but underwhelmed by the crippled software. Be aware that there are currently no other software makers that I am know of that support this unit with the exception of Argyl (command line). There are many threads dealing with this.

At least for the monitor profiling, basICColor display 5 (http://www.basiccolor.de/basiccolor-display-5-en/) seems to do a much better job than X-Rite's software.  Their page says it supports the ColorMunki Photo.  They even have a fully functional 14 day trial for their software!