Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Matt S on August 06, 2012, 09:54:12 pm

Title: An image from below the surface
Post by: Matt S on August 06, 2012, 09:54:12 pm
Here is an underwater landscape from the Gold Coast, Australia.
This image is a favourite of mine as it's clean and simple but not easy to pull off.
What do you think ?
www.aquaseen.com
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: wolfnowl on August 07, 2012, 02:32:10 am
Clean lines, very simple... I like it.

Mike.
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 07, 2012, 04:26:00 am
I like it a lot, the different gradations of the tones work very well.
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 07, 2012, 06:18:21 am
it's clean and simple

I like the complexity of the patterns, Matt, especially that little patch on the surface. Reminds me of the chaos and abundance of information in other nature shots here. I agree, not easy to pull off. The depth is engaging and the fish draw the eye in. Nice colour, too.
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: francois on August 07, 2012, 06:25:39 am
I love it! From the blue tonalities to the whites of the sand and the distant fishes, everything is harmoniously composed.
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: Tony Jay on August 07, 2012, 08:48:59 am
Great image Matt - but you knew that already.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 07, 2012, 09:50:38 am
Clean lines, very simple... I like it.

Mike.
+1.
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: stevenov on August 07, 2012, 09:33:01 pm
Wonderful image.  I sure get a sense of being underwater.  Very calming.  Only one tiny nit to pick, the small white triangle in the upper right.  Very nice.

Steve
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: Matt S on August 07, 2012, 11:46:11 pm
Wow thanks for all the great comments on this one.

The day that I captured this the ocean was so calm and clear that it allowed me to get the reflection on the surface. It was one of my favourite days shooting ever.
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: Steve Lefkovits on August 23, 2012, 12:12:26 am
Beautiful and unusual. This image strikes me as an original composition - or at least not a well-executed version of a common idea.  I love that it's aesthetically compelling and breaks some new ground as well.  An abstract that seamlessly layers in a pictorial composition. Pretty extraordinary I think. Glad I logged in tonight and saw this.
Title: Re: An image from below the surface
Post by: alban on August 23, 2012, 03:31:51 pm
I guess eyes love simplicity .Thanks for posting it