Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: amolitor on August 06, 2012, 11:50:10 am

Title: Doorway II
Post by: amolitor on August 06, 2012, 11:50:10 am
It occurred to me that I really wanted a long lens to isolate the things I was interested in with the previous photograph of this Doorway. Sadly, it is currently in a closed and locked condition.

Title: Re: Doorway II
Post by: Bruce Cox on August 06, 2012, 01:47:31 pm

 "Sadly, it is currently in a closed and locked condition."


Your loss may be our gain; I like the spacing and cropping of verticals on the door.  If you learned to love the door a little more and brought up a few details so that it was less close to blank in places, the whole might be even more wonderful than it already is.

Bruce
Title: Re: Doorway II
Post by: amolitor on August 06, 2012, 02:07:22 pm
My love is only for the little maple! I loved it against the mysterious dimness of the open door. I love it against the white door too! Pushing the brick and door out of focus was on purpose, to bring the maple and the railing forward and foremost (obviously, I hope).

It's a fine door, but I've seen.. a LOT of pictures of doors with peeling paint, so I am reluctant to try my hand with it.