Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Gareth ONeill on August 03, 2012, 05:04:40 am

Title: D700 Lightroom tethering takes 2 minutes to connect
Post by: Gareth ONeill on August 03, 2012, 05:04:40 am
Am I the only one who has to wait 2 minutes (maybe 3 seconds under) for Lightroom to stop saying "No Camera Detected" after turning the camera on when tethering in Lightroom (LR3 or LR4)?

I turn the camera off to save batteries occasionally, but 2 min. is just too long to wait for it to connect again.
Title: Re: D700 Lightroom tethering takes 2 minutes to connect
Post by: Simon Garrett on August 03, 2012, 09:09:51 am
I think it's a known problem - and a very annoying one.  I use a D300, and I've learned not to switch the camera off once LR connects.  Then I forget, and have to keep everyone waiting for a couple of minutes until LR manages to find the camera again. 

By the by, I believe on the D300 that the power consumption with the camera on but inactive is very low - little more than with the camera off.  Once the meter, display, lens stabilisation, LCD backlight etc have all timed out and switched off (after a few seconds, depending on your setings), there's little power used.  As the D700 is almost identical to the D300 (just the larger sensor and related differences) I would expect the same to be true of the D700.