Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: RSL on August 01, 2012, 02:08:09 pm
-
Here's a heavily cropped shot from this morning in Garden of the Gods. It shows some of the burn scar from the Waldo Canyon fire in the Colorado Springs area, and gives you an idea of how close the Garden came to being burned out. I was shooting a rock formation that's off to the right in the original picture, but the burn scar was in the distance and my 85mm prime brought it up closer. I was shooting with the D800, and this is about a quarter of the frame.
-
FWIW, fire is both a natural and an essential part of the health of almost all forest ecosystems. A friend and I designed a presentation for Parks Canada on forest fire management in parks a number of years ago. Doesn't help when there are houses nearby, however... Glad to hear you and yours are safe.
Mike.