Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on July 31, 2012, 10:03:33 pm
-
Few recent shots with my new toy. Ooc jpg, some processing in LR.
-
My favorite is the last one; like the water droplets on the pads and the purple of the water.
-
My favorite is the last one; like the water droplets on the pads and the purple of the water.
That was a very nice scene, it was just after the 2 day rain stopped. It's one of those shots I couldn't have taken with my S100 and look as good, as it was at iso 1600 and 1/8, handheld (which means I took 6-8 shots to have a couple sharp). Anyway even with RX100 it was a stretch. I wish I had my bigger camera and the tripod.
Here is another one from the same park.
-
Armand, "Sharpness" has become a shibboleth among modern photographers. It's certainly true that visible camera motion is a problem, but the tiny bit of sharpness you lose because of subject motion or slight mis-focus usually doesn't matter unless you're doing the kind of precise landscape work Chuck Kimmerle does.
The first four are pretty. The picture of the kids is the best of the lot, though it needs a slightly higher gamma and a small reduction in the blue cast (look at the white stripes on the center kid's shirt). Good shooting.
-
The idea that the first of your shots was taken with a pocket-sized point-and-shoot is hard to grasp.
Jeremy
-
And few more ...
-
Several bw interpretations of the 4th photo. As of this moment my preference is the same as the numbering (maybe because the third is between the first 2), I'm curious how the others feel.