Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: kuau on July 31, 2012, 06:20:06 pm

Title: Z3200 Color Paper recommendations
Post by: kuau on July 31, 2012, 06:20:06 pm
I have been printing a lot of B&W images on my Z3200 as of lately on Canson Platine which I have really liked, though now I have a few color images I would like to print also. So I am looking for a paper which will yeild a high color gamut I assume, I will be framing behind UV Plexiglass.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Steven
Title: Re: Z3200 Color Paper recommendations
Post by: chichornio on July 31, 2012, 07:39:01 pm
My best 3 choices:

- RC: HP Professional Satin 300gms
- Cotton made (matte): Museo Max 365gms or Canson Infinity Velin Museum 315gms
- Cotton made (glossy or luster): Canson Platine Fibre Rag 310gms (you´ll need to build a different ICC profile for color prints)

I hope it helps.
Title: Re: Z3200 Color Paper recommendations
Post by: Roscolo on July 31, 2012, 11:32:55 pm
2 of my favorite papers on the z3100 are:

HP Premium ID Satin
HP Litho

Both papers are easy on the wallet as well.
Title: Re: Z3200 Color Paper recommendations
Post by: kaelaria on August 01, 2012, 10:33:21 pm
I absolutely love the HP Pro Satin and have been using it almost exclusively the last year
Title: Re: Z3200 Color Paper recommendations
Post by: kuau on August 02, 2012, 12:32:21 am
Thanks for the paper tips.
Is the Hp pro satin a new paper or has it been around for a while?
Title: Re: Z3200 Color Paper recommendations
Post by: kaelaria on August 02, 2012, 12:35:53 am
Been out for years - great stuff and flawless printing on the Z series!
Title: Re: Z3200 Color Paper recommendations
Post by: John Caldwell on August 02, 2012, 05:12:19 am
Agree that HP Pro satin Yields a very nice print. I quit using it because of my display style: Dry mounting to acid-free foam corse, matte, Museum Glass, frame. The problem is that in our case, texture related to the mounting process reads through the print. It is a subtle texture,visible  in dark print areas, but easily noticeable through Museum Glass. It's harder to recognize behind other glass types. I don't mean to imply that you, or anyone else, will have this problem or that you should mount your prints.

Canson Baryta Photographique is my favorite go-to media for high gamut, high contrast work. I love this paper on both Z3200 and Epson _900 machines for PK work. It handles well, has proven pretty scratch resistant, and shows none of the above "read-through" traits. It's first class paper for sure.

John Caldwell