Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on July 31, 2012, 04:54:58 pm

Title: Bearded Mountaineer (Peru)
Post by: Glenn Bartley on July 31, 2012, 04:54:58 pm
This beautiful species of hummingbird is endemic to southern Peru. There is one reliable spot to find them but they seem to move around the area a great deal. One day I staked out this nicotina flower and was rewarded with an image I am quite proud of. AS much as I love multi-flash hummingbird photography it is really sweet when natural light shots work out :-)

(http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/6613/beardedmountaineer01.jpg)

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 400
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Title: Re: Bearded Mountaineer (Peru)
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 31, 2012, 05:01:33 pm
Very nice, as usual, though I must say I was expecting someone like Doug Scott somewhere in the Ancash range
Title: Re: Bearded Mountaineer (Peru)
Post by: Tony Jay on July 31, 2012, 06:33:14 pm
Lovely portrait as usual Glenn.
Magnificent context.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Bearded Mountaineer (Peru)
Post by: somu1 on August 01, 2012, 02:30:22 am
Beautiful portrait of a rare bird. Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Bearded Mountaineer (Peru)
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 01, 2012, 03:52:38 am
Fantastic.