Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DwayneOakes on July 29, 2012, 09:47:33 pm

Title: The Cascade
Post by: DwayneOakes on July 29, 2012, 09:47:33 pm
Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

(http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v49/p506322035-4.jpg)
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 30, 2012, 02:21:06 am
Wonderful patterns. Engaging. A bit blue?
No deer???  :)
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 30, 2012, 03:32:18 am
Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Very beautiful, Dwayne, as ever, but perhaps a little heavy-handed with the toner?

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: francois on July 30, 2012, 03:53:27 am
I like it but I'm a bit bothered by the blueish tone of the lower part of the image.
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 30, 2012, 04:15:45 am
I like it, it almost has a musical rythm to it.
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: Tony Jay on July 30, 2012, 07:36:14 am
It is possible that the bluish tones represent more shadowed parts of the image.
I am undecided whether this image is a deliberate monotone or not.

Nonetheless the puzzling aspects of this image seem only to highlight the beauty, symmetry and rhythmicity of the image.
Well done in producing such a startling and engaging image.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: churly on July 30, 2012, 11:19:08 am
Really nice image Dwayne.  I would be interested in your view on the tint issue because I seem to be struggling with tints as well.

Chuck
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: louoates on July 30, 2012, 11:57:35 am
One of those very nice images that would make a terrific large canvas. But the blue tint is a bothersome distraction. It might work if the blue was tuned way down.
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: brandtb on July 30, 2012, 07:45:45 pm
Quote
the blue tint is a bothersome distraction
+1
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: bill t. on July 30, 2012, 09:43:00 pm
Very elegant in any shade.

The scale at the top either is or seems a little bigger than at the bottom.   Maybe it's the toning.  Or maybe my imagination has run amok.
Title: Re: The Cascade
Post by: DwayneOakes on August 01, 2012, 10:07:11 am
Many thanks for your honest views everyone ! I really appreciate it !
I have been doing a little experimenting with tones and the graduated neutral density
tool in the software.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes