Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: JohnAONeill on July 28, 2012, 08:50:11 am
-
Image captured on Sony Nex 7 with Kit lens on my recent trip to Saintes France. C&C welcome. Interested in peoples views on post production etc.
Thanks for looking
John
-
Image captured on Sony Nex 7 with Kit lens on my recent trip to Saintes France. C&C welcome. Interested in peoples views on post production etc.
I think I like it. I'm pretty sure I'd like it more if the bottom third or so were cropped off; I see (I believe) what you're trying to do but for me, there's just too much lead-in.
Jeremy
-
Thanks Jeremy. Interesting perspective. I think I will re-visit in post and compare versions.
Cheers
John
-
I think I like it. I'm pretty sure I'd like it more if the bottom third or so were cropped off; I see (I believe) what you're trying to do but for me, there's just too much lead-in.
Jeremy
I have to agree, interesting, but the perspective feels uncomfortable some how.
Dave
-
I have to agree, interesting, but the perspective feels uncomfortable some how.
Dave
Dave, had you a Hassy 500 series you'd have learned to love that perspective, as so many of us have. However, I'm perfectly willing to accept that some might have and have not. I did and did.
;-)
Rob C
-
This is a nice shot. I like it as it is. To me the slightly uncomfortable perspective and the glare abstracts the people and opens up more possibilities. A crop would move it toward the mundane by making the mildly interesting people a comfortable focal point.
-
I've been struggling with this one all day, and each time I come back to it I like it better than the time before. I've about come to the conclusion that the floor-level perspective is what makes the picture. I think I'd put the copyright notice at the lower right, and tone it way, way down, but I certainly wouldn't crop it. Any crop I can think of would make it an entirely different picture. Good shooting, John.
-
Thanks Russ
Appreciate your thoughts and thank you for taking the time to reply!
Cheers
john
-
This is a nice shot. I like it as it is. To me the slightly uncomfortable perspective and the glare abstracts the people and opens up more possibilities. A crop would move it toward the mundane by making the mildly interesting people a comfortable focal point.
Thanks for the reply Churly. Appreciate your comments!
John