Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: henk on July 27, 2012, 12:14:21 pm
-
The situation:
I have a dell Mini inspiration 910 with 8Gb SSD and 2.7 GB free space. Working under win. XP home with 1 Gb RAM.
I am going on a shoot abroad and want to use this little device to back up my photo’s. I want to connect the card reader into the Dell and copy to 2 external USB HD in one go. Is this possible with some software? Want to safe time! In LR you can direct your copy to 2 places but are unable to install LR 2.5 ( the oldest version I still have) on to the Dell because I get a message that this OS will not install LR.
Any advice or more clever solutions?
Henk
-
unable to install LR 2.5 ( the oldest version I still have) on to the Dell because I get a message that this OS will not install LR.
LR might be stopping because of the screen dimensions. On some netbooks it's possible to use an external monitor at 1024x800 which will fool LR into installing and once installed it will run on a 1024x600 screen.
There are also some other hacks around to fool software into thinking the screen's larger, Google is your friend to find these.
FWIW I've got LR3x to run on an XP netbook with a 1024x600 screen with little trouble and find it's hugely useful, although fast it isn't.
Other than that I'm sure someone will recommend a program that will copy to 2 HDDs, but I've never needed to so that.
-
LR might be stopping because of the screen dimensions. On some netbooks it's possible to use an external monitor at 1024x800 which will fool LR into installing and once installed it will run on a 1024x600 screen.
There are also some other hacks around to fool software into thinking the screen's larger, Google is your friend to find these.
Thanks fot the hint. Wll try as soon as I get a vga cable, since DVI and HDMI they are rare!
Henk
-
Hi
Have a look at imageingester. It does a dual backup.
-
Breeze Downloader Pro
http://www.breezesys.com/Downloader/
Besides multiple drives, it also supports renaming, metadata, geotagging, etc
-
Thanksa fot the hints and advice.
Got another one from Google> http://sourceforge.net/projects/n2ncopy/
Henk