Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on July 27, 2012, 10:42:20 am

Title: After the Rain
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 27, 2012, 10:42:20 am
Twenty-eight straight days of rain...I've managed to sneak out between downpours a few times to get some decent shots but have been socked in now for four days straight and I'm going nuts. I shot these through a screened window. The first is a straight shot while the second involves a little tomfoolery. Cabin fever, I guess.

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8162/7655951248_2e601bddd0_o.jpg)

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7275/7656457846_1c785999b7_c.jpg)
Title: Re: After the Rain
Post by: Rob C on July 27, 2012, 10:54:51 am
Chris

Okay, so the heist went well; now how are you going to fence the rocks?

Rob C
Title: Re: After the Rain
Post by: wolfnowl on July 28, 2012, 01:51:19 am
As long as you were playing around, you should have tried the fish eye lens! 

(I trust you don't mind me messin' with your image... ;) )

Mike.
Title: Re: After the Rain
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 28, 2012, 07:12:20 am
I think I played with everything. Was really just looking to build a texturized background for some other messing around. I still do some graphic design work for a few folks.
Title: Re: After the Rain
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 28, 2012, 10:26:28 am
I like them both.
Title: Re: After the Rain
Post by: RSL on July 28, 2012, 10:45:57 am
Fascinating stuff, Chris.
Title: Re: After the Rain
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 28, 2012, 11:18:01 am
I shot these through a screened window. The first is a straight shot while the second involves a little tomfoolery. Cabin fever, I guess.

Very interesting and a nice visual three dimensionality to the first one, simple yet effective, as most good images should be.

I like them both, but prefer the first un-tomfooleried one - yes I know that's probably not a real word, but you know what I mean  :P

Dave
Title: Re: After the Rain
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 28, 2012, 11:25:48 am
Thanks for the comments. I think the second has more potential, but I am going to have to experiment with some different lenses. It is obviously a composite shot and while I like the grass in the background, I know the raindrops are too sharp.but, if I go too soft with them, then I go almost everything oof and I found the raindrops lose much of their appeal that way. It is a good thing to play with when trapped by incessant rain. Worst I can remember in the 30+ years I've lived here.