Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rob Dose on July 27, 2012, 04:19:06 am
-
Taken with Leica S2 + 70mm at the SuperPit in Kalgoorlie Western Australia. My first trip out with the camera. Plan to do something about the blown out water but have not got around to it yet.
(http://landscapes.robdose.com.au/media/1/20120722-L1000382.jpg)
(http://landscapes.robdose.com.au/media/1/20120722-L1000468.jpg)
-
Nice shot. My thought is to darken the water in the ruts a bit (ala muddy water) and let the spraying water alone. If that doesn't work to your satisfaction you might try a noise layer on the spray with selective brushing back the noise on a mask. The truly elegant solution is to cover some of the spray with a lens flare something like what's in the upper left corner. I might even try to drop a dark cloud over the top part of the image and work a rainbow into the area between the spray and the cloud.
-
Thanks for the suggestion. When I saw the water truck coming I had time to fire off one shot before but not enough time to think about how bright te water was going to be as it went past so luckily I actually have all the texture for the dry earth beneath it in the first shot. I also might have some headroom in pulling back the highlights however I find that the S2 does not store much in the highlights. It's kind of a shoot for the highlights kind of camera.
-
Nice colours and texture, among much else to like. Unexpected in a pit mine.
-
Another one
(http://landscapes.robdose.com.au/media/1/20120722-L1000375.jpg)
-
How did you manage to get these pics Rob? Were you on a mine tour?? I wasn't allowed to take pics during a mine tour at Tom Price.
Julie