Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Ellis Vener on July 25, 2012, 09:54:56 pm
-
Don't get me wrong I love PhotoKit Sharpener and have used all three of it's modules practically from the time it first went on sale back in 2002 or 2003? withthe quality of ACR 6 and 7's and Lightroom 3 and now 4's capture and output sharpening thesedays I mostly use the Creative Sharpener 2 module - or at least I was.
But I am now having trouble activating PK Sharpener 2 in Photoshop CS6. The launch window keeps telling me I have exceeded the limited of activations - which is odd because I only have it installed on one computer.
Admittedly I have changed my boot/applications drive from an internal HDD to an internal SSD, but I am not trying to run it on a third or even a second computer.
-
I haven't touched it since LR3 days. No need IMO.
-
But I am now having trouble activating PK Sharpener 2 in Photoshop CS6. The launch window keeps telling me I have exceeded the limited of activations - which is odd because I only have it installed on one computer.
Do you have the most recent version PKS 2.0.7? Have you contacted PG Tech Support (http://www.pixelgenius.com/support.html)?
-
I haven't touched it since LR3 days. No need IMO.
Good for you. but an irrelevant answer. if you never used the Creative Sharpening module in PK Sharpener 2 you shortchanged yourself. The Sharpeners in Lightroom 3 & 4 still dod not do certain things that i use the Creative Sharpener for and of course, no working with layers in Lr either.
-
Do you have the most recent version PKS 2.0.7? Have you contacted PG Tech Support (http://www.pixelgenius.com/support.html)?
Thank you Jeff,
Yes the most recent version (2.0.7) is installed.
I have contacted PG Tech Support multiple times about this issue. They have tried to help but to no avail.
I need this fixed today. I have work that has to finished.
-
With the patient help of PixelGenius' help desk today I was able to get the problem resolved. I fully cop to being a part of the problem but not the whole of it.
-
I fully cop to being a part of the problem but not the whole of it.
Ellis helped track down a bug in the PKS2 2.07 installer that mistakenly added components of PhotoKit Color 2 into the install location. That was a mistake by the engineer which has been fixed and re-uploaded to the PG web site. Since out 3 plug-ins share components, each installer double-checks the installed components and updates them were needed. However, the installer was mistakenly thinking users actually had PhotoKit Color 2 and would install it even if the user didn't even have PKC2 (such as Ellis). Of course, it would pop a serial number request and Ellis had no serial number for PKC2 which through him for a loop...
But it's all fixed now and the installer has been updated...
-
Thank you Jeff and thank you the PG support team.
-
Since no one has chimed in with any alternatives to PhotoKit Sharpener 2 I thought I'd share my two cents. I use Nik Sharpener Pro 3 (http://www.niksoftware.com/sharpenerpro/usa/entry.php?disc_id=BEDGE&bid=a32f088f) and couldn't be any more satisfied with the results. It's that rare combination of software that is easy to use but incredibly powerful. I use it for all my sharpening needs whether they be for jpegs on the web, canvas prints, fine art paper prints, etc. I've never used PK Sharpener so I can't compare the two. I can say, without a doubt, that Nik Sharpener Pro 3 is far superior to LR 3's sharpening tools.
Hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
-
I've worked with Nik Sharpener Pro as well. I do not find it "superior" to the capture sharpening stage in Lightroom's Develop module. Different, but not superior. And PKS 2 is still the way to go (in conjunction with The Lr capture sharpener) for multi-stage sharpening.