Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on July 24, 2012, 01:24:52 pm
-
This beautiful bird is endemic to the highlands of Costa Rica. I was fortunate to find this guy one morning with a few of my workshop clients this year. What a treat to get some great images of this beauty before we had even had breakfast :D
(http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6430/longtailedsilkyflycatch.jpg)
Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/80 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Flash: On
ISO: 640
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
-
Hi Glenn:
Lovely image as usual. The orange berries make a nice contrast to the colors of the bird. Looks like the fellow is not living up to his name. Tones are pretty uniform over the image. Perhaps darkening the background (especially the branch) by a few pixels would give some focus on the bird. I enjoy your images.
Praki.
-
Beautiful image of a beautiful bird Glenn.
I especially like the context of the image - this ratchets this image up the rankings from pretty to special.
Congratulations
Regards
Tony Jay