Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: john3lee on July 22, 2012, 03:52:17 pm
-
I was doing some spring cleaning, and noticed several earlier versions of LR sitting in my application folder on my mac. (LR1 LR2 LR3)
I know they are not taking up a lot of room, but was wondering if its okay to delete them?
I was about to get rid of them, by trashing the earlier version, and "clean my mac" app, suggested it was about to ditch some shared files with LR4 !!
So I cancelled this action....... Have any of you ditched old versions as you updated?
-
I was doing some spring cleaning, and noticed several earlier versions of LR sitting in my application folder on my mac. (LR1 LR2 LR3)
I know they are not taking up a lot of room, but was wondering if its okay to delete them?
I was about to get rid of them, by trashing the earlier version, and "clean my mac" app, suggested it was about to ditch some shared files with LR4 !!
So I cancelled this action....... Have any of you ditched old versions as you updated?
I've done it every time (on a Mac), without any problems.
I just drag the application to the trash; I've not used any accessory applications, which I imagine might well delete files which later versions find handy (such as the catalogue ;)).
Jeremy
-
Thanks for the info Jeremy.
I might try the same..... I can always undo via time machine, I guess?
I think I'll delete the oldest version first.... See if its okay, then delete the next until I get to the current version..
Thanks again.... cheers
-
I tend to keep one previous version (3.6) - just in case - but LR 1.x and 2.x no longer reside on my computer.
Mike.
-
Thanks Mike... I have now got rid of the original LR1, and all seems okay.
I think I'll do the same as you Mike, trash all but the one prior to LR4. That seems like a good idea to me.
Thanks again.... john.