Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: once2work on July 21, 2012, 10:18:00 pm

Title: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: once2work on July 21, 2012, 10:18:00 pm
The date format in my LR4.1 is day first and follow the month.

Is any way I can alter the date format as month first then follow by the day and year.

Thank you.

Paul
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: Richowens on July 22, 2012, 12:13:12 am
Paul,

 The date format is a function of your camera. Change the date format there.

 Lightroom just gets the date in the info from the metadata. If you want to change the format on photos already imported you will need to get something to alter the metadata.


Rich
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: neile on July 22, 2012, 12:12:13 pm
The display format for dates in Lightroom is controlled by the operating system's regional settings, not by some setting in the camera.

If you are on Windows go to the control panel and look at the Clock, Language, and Region section. You can change the date format to something else and Lightroom will pick it up. For example, I just changed mine to yyyy-MM-dd and that is properly reflected in Lightroom after restarting the app.

I imagine it is similar on a Mac.

Neil
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: once2work on July 22, 2012, 09:22:43 pm
The display format for dates in Lightroom is controlled by the operating system's regional settings, not by some setting in the camera.

I imagine it is similar on a Mac.

Neil
Hi Neil,

You're correct, because the date format in my Mac is only have the choice to set the date as dd/mm/year it caused the format in the LR.

Any Mac guy can help me to alter the date format as mm/dd/yyyy.

Thank you in advance.

Paul
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: neile on July 22, 2012, 09:33:03 pm
Have you tried going to System Preferences and either the Date and Time panel or International panel?

Neil
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: once2work on July 22, 2012, 09:53:47 pm
Hi Neil,

Looks like the date format in "Grey" that I don't have a choice to change the format as show as attached pix.

Paul
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: neile on July 22, 2012, 10:33:25 pm
Um, did you try clicking the button in the bottom right of the dialog? Next to the text that tells you where to go to change date and time formats. :)

Neil
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: once2work on July 22, 2012, 11:02:06 pm
Thank you Neil.........bingo,   
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: Richowens on July 23, 2012, 12:15:37 pm
Paul,

 I apologise for feeding you wrong information. I always thought the information in the metadata panel came from the camera.
 Neil was correct and I learned something, but I felt he was a little dismissive of my post. No apology needed nor expected.
 
 Nuff said.

Rich
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: neile on July 23, 2012, 12:22:24 pm
Hi Rich,

My post wasn't meant to be dismissive, and my apologies if it came across that way.

Neil
Title: Re: How to change the date format in LR4.1
Post by: once2work on July 25, 2012, 07:50:15 pm
Paul,

 I apologise for feeding you wrong information. I always thought the information in the metadata panel came from the camera.
 Neil was correct and I learned something, but I felt he was a little dismissive of my post. No apology needed nor expected.
 
 Nuff said.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Don't take it in account, now-a-day, we working with so many software in one time to achieve just a photo, not like old days, PS only. Its very confuse now because now like Mac or Windows platform, most people swim between these two, so it is not "mistake", its "misleading" because of all the software and plug-in we working with.

Have a good day, Rich and enjoy photography.

Cheers
Paul