Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: deanwork on July 19, 2012, 03:51:55 pm
-
Does anyone know how I can get started linearizing the OHP film for platinum printing using my Z3100. Yes I know that HP has a curve and preset using the green channel that is awesome, but it won't import into the Z3100. But we're talking about the same printer essentially with the same inks, just different firmware.The negs are great on the Z3200.
The Z3100 already has a preset or printing on their transparent film.
Somehow I just know someone is doing this with either the Z3100 or the Canon IPF 8300 that is also a possibility for me.
Or does anyone know of someone who has a curve that I could purchase?
john
-
The answer is what I thought it would be, Mark Nelson's Precision Digital Negative workflow. $200.00 bucks for everything if you have a good spectro.
http://www.precisiondigitalnegatives.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=8&vmcchk=1&Itemid=8
-
Dan Burkholder started doing this 20 years ago, and teaches workshops on the subject. You can download his CD for only $18 here--
http://www.danburkholder.com/Pages/main_pages/Digital_Neg_Info/Digital_Negatives.html
-
Thanks John I'll do that. Neither of these guys apparently have used their systems to make negs with the HP or Canon machines but other people have used their methods or variants of them with great results on the HPZ.