Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: shaunw on July 15, 2012, 02:27:43 pm

Title: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: shaunw on July 15, 2012, 02:27:43 pm
The mono conversion from last trip to Northumberland...wdyt

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7266/7573712708_e5c80eb5ed_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/skwalby/7573712708/)
Bamburgh Castle (http://www.flickr.com/photos/skwalby/7573712708/) by Shaunwalby Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/skwalby/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 15, 2012, 02:37:54 pm
Presumably you used a Hammer House of Horror pre-set for the conversion.  ;)

All a little too dark & foreboding for my taste
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: wolfnowl on July 15, 2012, 03:57:01 pm
Not sure... certainly is 'brooding'.

Mike.
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 15, 2012, 04:15:51 pm
I rather like the "House of Horror" look. Aren't castles supposed to look that way?
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 16, 2012, 03:30:21 am
I rather like the "House of Horror" look. Aren't castles supposed to look that way?


I suppose it depends on whether you are leading the procession home, riding, or following it, walking and enchained.

Good shot, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: francois on July 16, 2012, 05:04:50 am
I rather like the "House of Horror" look. Aren't castles supposed to look that way?


I like it too and yes, it's a well know fact that only "real" castles look that way!  :D
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: shaunw on July 17, 2012, 03:29:19 pm
Bill Mike Eric Jeremy and Francois....thanks for comments.

Shaun
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 19, 2012, 07:50:21 am
I like this B&W interpretation, it emphasizes the drama of the light and location.
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 19, 2012, 08:24:49 am
Are you familiar with David Byrne's work? He has some quite stunning shots of this castle.

http://www.85mm.co.uk/
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: Isaac on July 19, 2012, 09:37:35 am
Thanks for the link, I see a lot to like there.
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 19, 2012, 09:42:58 am
Of course, silly me, I just realized his is Lindisfarne but the dramatic style by which he shoots and edits lends itself to castle imagery.
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle...mono
Post by: shaunw on July 19, 2012, 12:49:04 pm
Pualo and Chris C....cheers guys...... yer his images are very interesting.