Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: thetoness on July 15, 2012, 07:09:05 am

Title: Cant print margins
Post by: thetoness on July 15, 2012, 07:09:05 am
Even though I have set up LR4 to print 13x19 paper with 1/2" margins  from my Epson 3880 printer, it still wont print margins as I have specified in the Layout section under the print module. Instead it prints borderless on the short side and a very small border on the long side. The template in LR look normal, i.e. the the template shows the photo with the correct sized margins as I have specified.  When selecting page setup I choose :Super A3/B 13 x 19 sheet feeder borderless retain size.  I do not select "borderless auto expand"  Btw, these are the only two choices I can make.  I think I have tried everything, including reinstalling the Epson driver on my Mac Pro.  Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions? You help would be greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: VW1764 on July 15, 2012, 09:05:07 am
This used to drive me insane, not being able to center an image on the photo paper.... One day out of curiosity I had wondered what would happen if I didn't touch the margins but rather just entered the "Cell Size" well... all my images are centered on the paper now. YMMV, but that's what works for me, currently I use LR4.1  Obviously I'm sure there are times when one wants a larger margin on the left than right, bottom than top, I don't seem to have a problem with those, just centering caused me grieve.  If you want to print borderless, you have to set the margins to 0.  Ironic part is setting the cell size is fewer steps....

Vance
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: dgberg on July 15, 2012, 09:17:42 am
Seems to work on mine.

Page Setup - Super A3
Margins - Type in .50 for all four sides.
If your image does not fill the box ,check zoom to fill and print.

Or
Manage custom sizes 13w x 19h
Set borders to .50,check zoom to fill if needed and print.

If your image is not exactly 12x18 zoom to fill is needed.
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: thetoness on July 15, 2012, 10:33:33 am
Dan,
Thank you for your reply.  I have done it just as you have laid out.  Really strange.
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: dgberg on July 15, 2012, 12:01:01 pm
Works or doesn't?
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: thetoness on July 15, 2012, 12:12:20 pm
Sorry, doesnt work.
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: dgberg on July 15, 2012, 12:31:13 pm
You got rid of the borderless retain size ?
At the top left in your cell does it show 12x18 for your photo size?
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: thetoness on July 15, 2012, 01:23:02 pm
I selected Super A3 13 x 19 borderless expand ( not retain size) in the page setup then I created a cell size 12x18 with no margins and it finally printed with 1/2 margins.  Sure seems like a lot of machinations to get 1/2 margins on  13x19 paper. Rather silly.
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: VW1764 on July 15, 2012, 01:24:40 pm
So it worked as I stated? 
Title: Re: Cant print margins
Post by: thetoness on July 15, 2012, 01:26:18 pm
Yes, sorry. Thank you for all your help.  (was so annoyed with the lack of simplicity I forgot to say thank you.)