Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DwayneOakes on July 14, 2012, 07:49:42 pm

Title: The Stare
Post by: DwayneOakes on July 14, 2012, 07:49:42 pm
Thanks for taking a look !

-Nikon D7000/Nikkor 55-200mmVR/Nikon Capture NX2
-1/25 @ f/16
-190mm
-ISO 400
-Ev -1 2/3
-VR off (tripod used)

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

(http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v49/p1026836836-4.jpg)
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: NancyP on July 14, 2012, 08:41:46 pm
Quite painterly. Is it desaturated and duotoned, or was this just the natural color overtone? I like it.
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: Tony Jay on July 14, 2012, 08:54:59 pm
A marvellous image with great abstract qualities.
The tone is wonderful.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: DwayneOakes on July 14, 2012, 08:58:21 pm
Many thanks for the comments ! Do you see the little man's face "stare"
in the far right rock (natural optical illusion).

Nancy yep, desaturated and Duotoned.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: JohnBrew on July 14, 2012, 09:10:52 pm
Interesting.
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 14, 2012, 11:36:46 pm
Nice!
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: Kirk Gittings on July 15, 2012, 01:15:49 am
Many thanks for the comments ! Do you see the little man's face "stare"
in the far right rock (natural optical illusion).

Nancy yep, desaturated and Duotoned.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Honestly. That kind "where's Waldo" titling of a photograph ruins it for me. What was a wonderful abstraction becomes a trite little visual game. I don't need the anthropomorphizing to appreciate nature images.
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 15, 2012, 04:35:51 am
I like the small highlights, composition and colour.
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: DwayneOakes on July 16, 2012, 03:32:08 pm
Hi Kirk,

I hear you brother, but most are not seeing that face in the photo around the net.
Some are not making the connection with the title and the optical illusion which
was the vision of the photo. So a hint will fix that, then people won't think I have been
wandering around the mushroom patch.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: shaunw on July 17, 2012, 03:26:15 pm
Works for me...great abstract qualities everything is left to the imagination, intriguing colours.
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 17, 2012, 05:40:06 pm
I've seen photos where there is a "face" and which have been ruined for me once the face is pointed out to me. But this one doesn't bother me.
I didn't find the faceuntil you pointed it out here, and now it seems obvious, but it still is a minor part of the photo that doesn't seem to detract from it, IMHO.
I'm not sure why, but I like it.
Title: Re: The Stare
Post by: DwayneOakes on July 18, 2012, 11:17:43 pm
Thank you very much for the comment !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes