Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: randal21 on July 14, 2012, 12:20:28 pm
-
I love being able to scan artwork to reproduce on my Epson 7900 but it seems like I may not have the best settings as the colors seem to shift as I bring it into CS4. Am on Mac OSX 10.5. One setting I do or have done is "No color correction. Have also tried "ColorSync with Epson Standard=Source with Target=Adobe RGB but the auto exposure seems kinda high. Anyway...any help would be 1000% appreciated. Between my Epson 7900 dark prints (which I believe ColorSync in Leopard 10.5 is shifting the colors) and scans that aren't right on ...I seem to support Epsons ink and paper and canvas business way too much...besides I don't think it is very "green" to waste the materials. HELP!!!
-
You probably have a colour management settings mismatch between the scanning software and Photoshop. What scan software are you using and what colour management settings are you using in both the scan software and Photoshop?
-
My Epson scanner version is 3.49A. I use Adobe RGB 1998 for my color space.
-
This doesn't begin to address the information that's needed to resolve your problem. What scanning software are you using and can you provide ALL the colour management settings (profiles and colour spaces) in BOTH the scanning software and Photoshop.
-
I am using Epson's scanning software version 3.49A. I have used all the settings under the Epson scanner configuration selections as the attached shows. I have my CS4 color settings with RGB as my working space. etc as shown in the attached. Now what?
-
Those are your Photoshop color settings, not the color management settings in Epson Scan. By the way, in the Photoshop colour management policies you should activate the check boxes for "Ask" to be warned about profile mismatches and missing profiles. Apart from that, your colour settings in Photoshop are quite normal. That wouldn't be the cause of your issue. I suspect something is happening with Epson Scan set-up that doesn't cohere. Perhaps it is not recognizing your display profile used by Photoshop - one guess.
-
I included 2 screen shots of the Epson configuration settings. Am I not reaching the right place? thanks.
-
The only image that came through on your post from what I see is the one for Photoshop, not Epson Scan.
-
I will resend it in the morning. Sorry.
-
Hows this Mark?
-
I notice the gamma in Epson scan is set at 1.8. CS4 is probably displaying the images at 2.2. That would definitely cause a colour appearance shift on your display when migrating an image from the former to the latter. As for why your prints are coming out too dark, you probably have your monitor too bright. Have a look at Andrew Rodney's article on this website "Why are my prints too dark" gere: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml)