Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Jon Meddings on July 07, 2012, 10:10:38 pm

Title: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Jon Meddings on July 07, 2012, 10:10:38 pm
Midnight sun in the West Fjords of Iceland....

(http://www.pbase.com/meddings/image/144178632.jpg)
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Josh-H on July 07, 2012, 10:52:50 pm
LOVE it.

Even more so that I am about to board a plane in an hour for my 2012 Iceland workshop  ;D
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: rgs on July 08, 2012, 12:15:26 am
I love churches and I love magnificent light. The colors are so unusual but look so right. I think I shall drool!
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Tony Jay on July 08, 2012, 01:10:27 am
Beautiful light.
Beautiful atmosphere.
Beautiful image.

Nothing left to say!

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 08, 2012, 01:32:28 am
Lovely. Brings back memories.
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: francois on July 08, 2012, 05:56:04 am
What an exquisite light!
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Kerry L on July 08, 2012, 07:10:32 am
Very nice. It's good to see that you resisted the impulse to adjust the WB to "normal".

Overall well done.
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 08, 2012, 07:13:55 am
Beautiful light & composition. Lovely photo.
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Jon Meddings on July 08, 2012, 06:25:00 pm
Thanks for all the comments - you have all been far more than nice!  I must admit that although I liked the image a lot (I'm a bit biased of course) I had not expected so many to also like it.  Iceland is an amazing place as we've seen from many images here over the years.  So just for fun I've put up another Icelandic church - they really intrigued me while we were there.
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: shaunw on July 09, 2012, 04:54:10 am
Very good...Lone building looking out to sea wonderfully emotive, couple this with the colours and light you've rendered....winner
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 09, 2012, 04:59:12 am
Really wonderful light and composition.
Title: Re: Church at Latrabjarg
Post by: Rand47 on July 09, 2012, 08:44:16 am
Stunning. This is light, and elegance of composition, that we all dream to capture.

Is the church leaning left a bit?  Something about it is disturbing me.