Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on July 07, 2012, 09:33:38 pm

Title: Pebble Hill Plantation Road redux
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 07, 2012, 09:33:38 pm
This is before final cropping and sharpening...and you may be right, it may be a bit toward the over side than the under side though admittedly, I tend to like a bit more grit in my images..I guess I am stil a little shy with digital images seeming to be more to the soft than sharp side.

I posted the color version a few minutes ago and it is straight out of some simple raw editing.

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7524127610_415aa5aedb_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Pebble Hill Plantation Road redux
Post by: amolitor on July 07, 2012, 09:37:56 pm
I loved the little blob of moss on the road! Well, I think I do.

It's one of those little things like the sign on the wall in that hotel. Leave it in, take it out, two completely different photographs. I happen to think both of them have some potential.
Title: Re: Pebble Hill Plantation Road redux
Post by: amolitor on July 08, 2012, 01:36:03 pm
Forgive me for my forwardness, but this is roughly the treatment I would give it. Is that horseshit on the road after all? Whatever it is, I like it, and I feel like it makes the scene more real. Softened and lightened substantially, toned, a fair bit of burning here and there. Going for a sort of salt print/paper negative feel, which feels right to me for this sort of scene.

EDIT: This much toning's a bit trite, I guess. But, warm tones for a warm scene, I figure.
Title: Re: Pebble Hill Plantation Road redux
Post by: popnfresh on July 08, 2012, 04:54:31 pm
I think it's a marked improvement over the first b&w. The road's still a little too light, imo, but it's a minor quibble.