Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: adrherr on July 07, 2012, 08:26:00 am
-
When I open a picture in Photoshop or Camera Raw, it looks different to the same picture in Lightroom. In Photoshop it have much more contrast than in Lightroom. When I export the picture from PS or LR to jpg or tiff its looks like it looks in Lightroom.
I have calibrated my monitor. When I choose another profile for my monitor, like "srgb", the different between these 2 programs is smaller, but it already exist.
What have I to do, that its looks the same in PS and LR?
This is my system data:
Mac OS X 10.7.4
Lightroom 3.4.1 with Camera Raw 6.4.1
Photoshop CS 5 Extended Version 12.1 x64 with Camera Raw 6.3.0.79
-
Make sure that your display calibration software is not producing a V4 profile.
When comparing the two applications, you must be viewing the image in the Develop module and at 1:1 or greater. Setup Photoshop to the same zoom ratio.
-
What is a V4 profile? I used a ColorMunki to calibrate my monitor. But now I use the "srbg"-profile, which is included in OS X.
Even when I view the pictures in 100% there is a different between PS and LR.
-
What is a V4 profile? I used a ColorMunki to calibrate my monitor.
Version 4 (not version 2) profile. Check the preferences although I don’t recall how this is done with the Munki Software.
-
Version 4 (not version 2) profile. Check the preferences although I don’t recall how this is done with the Munki Software.
On my ColorMunki Display software, it's under File menu, Options. Select version 2 profiles (not version 4) unless you know you need v4, and even then only if you know all your software works with v4 (quite a lot doesn't).
-
Ok, thanks for your help. I have to install the software again and make a new calibration for my monitor.
-
Also - maybe a very basic point - when you compare images in Lightroom and Photoshop, are you comparing them with the same screen background?
For example, my default background in Lightroom is very dark grey (almost black). Until I upgraded to CS6, my Photoshop background was always the default light grey.
The same image looks quite different when surrounded by black compared to how it looks when surrounded by light grey.
That, I believe, is why Adobe now give us the "Lightroom" scheme as an option with CS6. Evening's CS6 for Photographers book demonstrates this quite graphically.
-
Also - maybe a very basic point - when you compare images in Lightroom and Photoshop, are you comparing them with the same screen background?
For example, my default background in Lightroom is very dark grey (almost black). Until I upgraded to CS6, my Photoshop background was always the default light grey.
The same image looks quite different when surrounded by black compared to how it looks when surrounded by light grey.
That, I believe, is why Adobe now give us the "Lightroom" scheme as an option with CS6. Evening's CS6 for Photographers book demonstrates this quite graphically.
Good point!
Regards
Tony Jay
-
I notice the same thing--the image sent to CS5 does not look the same as the image in LR4--the colors are noticeable different and the image in SC5 looks sharper with a bit more contrast.
This makes image aDJUSTMENT DIFFICULT.
THE SETTINGs FOR BOTH ARe THE SAME -- PROPHOTO RGB, 300 DPI, 16 BIT in each program--no presets applied
If I send an image Directly to NIK COlor effect 4, The color changes do not occur--The images look the same
What am I missing
MDIJB
-
Have a look here:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=68691.0