Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on July 05, 2012, 02:27:41 pm

Title: Snow, rock, water
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 05, 2012, 02:27:41 pm
Thanks for looking.
Scott
Title: Re: Snow, rock, water
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 05, 2012, 03:08:49 pm
They all work nicely for me.
Title: Re: Snow, rock, water
Post by: francois on July 06, 2012, 05:32:13 am
Very nice photos. My preference goes to #2.
Is it my eyes or isn't the first photo a bit on the soft side?
Title: Re: Snow, rock, water
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 06, 2012, 05:36:17 pm
Is it my eyes or isn't the first photo a bit on the soft side?

Thank you, Eric and Francois. I think most of #1 is pretty well focused. I did soften the back snowbank in an attempt to highlight the front objects. This is well-thawed June snow, so it should be pretty rounded off.
Scott
Title: Re: Snow, rock, water
Post by: francois on July 07, 2012, 06:23:59 am
…
This is well-thawed June snow, so it should be pretty rounded off.
Scott

Scott,
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, indeed, this is often the case with glaciers. I should have known it better as I'm often in the mountains.