Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Kirk Gittings on July 04, 2012, 12:50:40 pm

Title: Chicago exhibit.....
Post by: Kirk Gittings on July 04, 2012, 12:50:40 pm
Of my student's work from my architectural photography class:
http://view.email.artic.edu/?j=fe5315747d640375721d&m=fef417747d670d&ls=fde71d7175630d797c177772&l=fe9516767061067874&s=fe241d717262037f771d70&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe1e15747c63037b7d1774 (http://view.email.artic.edu/?j=fe5315747d640375721d&m=fef417747d670d&ls=fde71d7175630d797c177772&l=fe9516767061067874&s=fe241d717262037f771d70&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe1e15747c63037b7d1774)
Title: Re: Chicago exhibit.....
Post by: RSL on July 04, 2012, 03:49:41 pm
Congratulations, Kirk. I've done enough teaching to understand that seeing your students succeed is a huge boost to your own satisfaction.

I just read your "statement," and tried to remember the call sign of that radar station. Like you, I love the southwest. I sort of grew up traveling Route 66 -- first with my parents and later on my own, and I spent some years in radar stations, the most remote of which was Beausejour, Manitoba, unless I count Paddy Control in the Vietnam delta.

Wish I could get to Chicago for the show.
Title: Re: Chicago exhibit.....
Post by: Kirk Gittings on July 05, 2012, 11:10:54 am
Thanks Russ. It makes it all worthwhile.
Title: Re: Chicago exhibit.....
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 05, 2012, 03:03:21 pm

Wish I could get to Chicago for the show.

Me too. Congratulations!
Title: Re: Chicago exhibit.....
Post by: jule on July 05, 2012, 07:26:09 pm
Congratulations Kirk. For me it is so wonderful when I see my students developing their work to be far better than my own. :) ... and see them flourishing with their own exhibitions. I wish you and all of your students well for their opening tonight. It is always such a celebration when the fruits of one's labours are displayed and shared.

Julie
Title: Re: Chicago exhibit.....
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 05, 2012, 08:25:28 pm
Will you be at the opening?