Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rjohan on June 30, 2012, 09:43:20 am

Title: Another sunrise in Spain
Post by: Rjohan on June 30, 2012, 09:43:20 am
Hello!

This image was taken at the same place in Spain as my previous thread but
this was shot another morning. Woke up and saw some clouds looking out
the window, what a great feeling! While taking this photo I got kinda wet,
had some big waves rolling in now and then. But sacrificing my shoes was
worth it I guess. Anyways, hope you like it!

I appreciate all critique and comments!

(http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9605/sunrisespainwetliten.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/sunrisespainwetliten.jpg/)

Johan Rosengren
Title: Re: Another sunrise in Spain
Post by: luxborealis on June 30, 2012, 04:17:13 pm
Getting wet is the first rule of nature and outdoor photography!

Love the water action here and complimentary clouds, but I'm mostly drawn to the area beyond the central "plateau" of rock in the bottom 1/3. The rather still water, to me anyway, is a dead zone when all the action is beyond it. Great colour in those waves.
Title: Re: Another sunrise in Spain
Post by: Tony Jay on June 30, 2012, 08:00:51 pm
In my opinion this image works better than the previous one.

Again, in my opinion, being able to see detail all through the image gives it a wonderful three-dimensionality.
It is true that the more distant ocean is relatively still (courtesy of the long exposure) however in my humble opinion this does not detract from the image and gives an interesting contrast to the very active surf zone.
The clouds and the sky provide just the right kind of backdrop and round off a really good image.

Take a bow Johan Rosengren!

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Another sunrise in Spain
Post by: Rjohan on July 01, 2012, 03:22:51 am
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them!

Johan
Title: Re: Another sunrise in Spain
Post by: Rjohan on July 04, 2012, 11:30:21 am
This is also my "image of the month" from june. If you want to read more about it go to my website (http://rosengrenjohan.com/?p=354).
Title: Re: Another sunrise in Spain
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 05, 2012, 04:31:30 am
I like the flow of the water very much, and the clouds add interest to sky, completing the image. Well done.