Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: StuartOnline on June 29, 2012, 08:36:48 am
-
Canon will be releasing a new Firmware Version 2.0.X upgrade for the Canon 7D: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/EOS7D_firmware_features
Stu
-
A nice surprise to us users. Not features that I really crave, but nice. I will probably use the in-camera image rating and the Auto ISO limiting. Given the number of features of this release, I would have hoped for better exposure bracketing and more auto ISO options (e.g. A-ISO=>100 when flash is switched on) and EC in Manual + A-ISO mode. Can't have it all :-)
Kind of interesting to speculate what this hints for the upgrade schedule of high-end crop cameras from Canon. Does this mean that the old 7D will have to sell for a bit longer, while we wait for the 70D/7Dmk2/7D X to arrive?
-h
-
I desperately hope that they also did something about the shadow noise banding, please please please Canon! ::)
-
So far I wouldn't use any of the features mentioned, I don't shoot video, high speed sports or use any in cam processing. I hope they add a bit of the magic that came in the t4i as far as high ISO noise performance.
-
The in-camera raw process is in fact very useful for those who shoot JPEG, which I basically don't but consider many wedding or event photographer out there to be able to shoot a sample raw, in-camera process to the color, contrast he prefers, then set the process recipe to use as a custom picture style, and fire away the JPEGs, or shoot videos. The mass raw process is so fast and convenient with powerful computer and software today, I almost never shoot JPEG these days but this is a feature would be nice to shoot RAW+JPEG simutaneously.
Although I don't use 7D, I think it is a kind offer from Canon. What I really want from Canon is the timelapse setting as it is on F800E, which can easily come as a firmware update.
Pingang
A nice surprise to us users. Not features that I really crave, but nice. I will probably use the in-camera image rating and the Auto ISO limiting. Given the number of features of this release, I would have hoped for better exposure bracketing and more auto ISO options (e.g. A-ISO=>100 when flash is switched on) and EC in Manual + A-ISO mode. Can't have it all :-)
Kind of interesting to speculate what this hints for the upgrade schedule of high-end crop cameras from Canon. Does this mean that the old 7D will have to sell for a bit longer, while we wait for the 70D/7Dmk2/7D X to arrive?
-h
-
This is a great move by Canon and I am super excited for this update. My favorite update: Manual Controls for Audio Recording Levels. This is a huge help to photographers like me transitioning into video.
To take advantage of the max burst rate, I will definitely being investing in some new UDMA CF Cards (prob UDMA 7 100x). According to this Canon Article I read here:
http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2012/eos_understanding_burst_rates.shtml
no matter how much you shoot continuously, you will still fill the Camera's buffer and the camera will still slow down a lot. Definitely buying faster cards.
-
I desperately hope that they also did something about the shadow noise banding, please please please Canon! ::)
Try a different converter.