Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: nikonphotog on June 28, 2012, 05:09:42 pm

Title: Best RIP to experiment with custom ink channels
Post by: nikonphotog on June 28, 2012, 05:09:42 pm
I have Epson 3880 printer and would like to experiment with non-standard inks, e.g. other colors in the light black, light light black channels. What RIPs would be best suited for this?  I have a Mac, Os 10.7, but could run Windows if absolutely necessary. I am not particularly interested in layout features, just want to ability to control ink channels individually and substitute colors.
Title: Re: Best RIP to experiment with custom ink channels
Post by: aaronchan on June 29, 2012, 01:00:57 am
I've been using ergosoft quite some time and really like their custome ink channel feature. But I'm not sure do they support any small Printers or not.

Aaron
Title: Re: Best RIP to experiment with custom ink channels
Post by: nikonphotog on June 29, 2012, 06:19:06 pm
Thanks, Aaron. I will check into Ergosoft.

Does anyone have any experience on printfab's Evolution rip?