Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rjohan on June 27, 2012, 02:39:13 pm

Title: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: Rjohan on June 27, 2012, 02:39:13 pm
Hello

Here's another image from a different sunrise in Spain.
This morning there were barely any clouds but I guess
it worked out okey anyways. Hope you like it!

(http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/8648/sunrisespainliten.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/sunrisespainliten.jpg/)
Title: Re: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: wolfnowl on June 27, 2012, 10:27:37 pm
I like it but I'd want to lighten some of the really deep shadows.

Mike.
Title: Re: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 28, 2012, 02:26:09 am
I like it too, and I would leave the shadows as they are because they are a strong contrast to the water. Nice water!
Scott
Title: Re: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: Kerry L on June 29, 2012, 08:13:55 am
Good composition.

My taste in shadows lies somewhat between what Mike and Scott suggest. I'd work on the top left shadows. These, on my screen, have no detail what-so-ever.

So there you go, what ever you choose, you know one of us will be in agreement, eh!

Good luck and keep posting.
Title: Re: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: JMPhoto on June 29, 2012, 04:29:23 pm
I feel this photo was so close to being just epic but didn't quite get there

Though composition is good it could be a tad better, and though the black and white is good you could have better tones, I am also on the fence about dragging the shutter to blur the water more or not.

keep working at it! awesome photo
Title: Re: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: Rjohan on June 30, 2012, 05:18:08 am
Thank you for all your comments, I really appreciate it!

I've already done some work to the shadows but maybe I should have done some more.
With no clouds on the sky and the sun about to rise, I found it quite hard to balance the
expsorue. I've done some cropping in the sky, but not much.

Johan
Title: Re: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: Rjohan on June 30, 2012, 05:56:29 am
I've done some more work to the shadows now. I hope this is better.

(http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8648/sunrisespainliten.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/sunrisespainliten.jpg/)

Johan
Title: Re: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: Tony Jay on June 30, 2012, 07:18:26 am
Johan, I also have the feeling expressed in an earlier post that this image is a nearly but not quite kind of result.

I like what you have done in lifting the shadows but I have to say that the sky just has never looked right.
I also have to add that I am viewing this image on a laptop rather than a high-end NEC Spectraview that I use for editing so it is possible subsequently that my view is literally a bit limited.
I have a feeling also that this image, when in its finished state, by your standards, really needs to critiqued as a print.

I commend your vision though. Tough exposure conditions are just that - tough. Personally I have always learned the most from these images that were so close but not quite.
I look forward to seeing more imagery from you - you have certainly whetted my appetite.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Sunrise in Spain
Post by: wolfnowl on June 30, 2012, 03:50:53 pm
I don't think anything could have been done for the sky - no information to begin with, but I like the rest of the image much better.

Mike.